Energy saving tips
Lamps2udirect.com – Energy Saving Tips
Here at www.lamps2udirect.com we always do our best to give our visitors and customers the best ways to save money! We also do our best to help the future of our environment!
With this list of Energy saving tips you can do both, and help us to reduce our carbon footprints!
Although some of these ideas may seem obvious you would be amazed how easily they can be over looked!
- Always switch lights off after leaving the room. Even if you think you will be returning in a matter of minutes, over a year this can make a difference!
- Use energy saving light bulbs! Just one can save you £100 over the lifetime of the bulb. They can last up to 12 times longer than a standard light bulb, and will save you loads of money on your electricity bill!
- Close your curtains at night! This will stop heat escaping through your windows. This means you will not need to get up and put the heating on.
- Turn your thermostat down, reducing your room temperature by 1° C. This could cut your heating bills by £40 over the year! This means the gents can buy a ticket for the football, and the ladies can buy a new iron.
- Only boil as much water as you need, but remember to always cover the elements in your kettle if you have them.
- A dripping hot water tap will waste enough hot water in a week to fill half a bath, so fix leaking taps and make sure they are fully turned off.
- Try not to leave appliances on standby and remember not to leave them on charge unnecessarily, this can save you money.
- If you’re doing washing try to do full loads instead of small bits and bobs. Alternatively use the half load setting! This applies to tumble dryers and dishwashers also! Unless the dishwasher is human of course!
- If your water is too hot turn your cylinder thermostat down. It should not be higher than 60° C. This will also reduce your bills.
- Try the Energy Saving Trusts ‘Home energy check.’ Just answer a few simple questions regarding your home and they will give you a free impartial report that could save you up to £250 off your yearly house hold bills! Click Here!